Monday, May 9, 2011

Finished...the mystery

I finished the mystery quilt.  I ended up taking out all the stitches from that quilt, I skinned it, as they call it.  I couldn't just let it go.  The stitches looked terrible.  I posted a picture of the backing in the previous post. Once I got the stitches removed, I changed my bobbin thread, tested it on the side of the quilt and VOILA, the stitches look great, the backing looks so much better.  I am back in business.  I used the new thread from Superior Thread, called Omni, and I was impressed by it.  I used it on the top and bottom.  I used the Warm and White batting.

I decided to do a pantograph on this quilt.  I wanted to do more of a custom job, but time is really short.  I have to get 2 more quilts quilted before vacation.  So I went the easy way with this quilt.  I decided to give this quilt to my friend Kathy for her birthday.  She does have a quilt from me, but that quilt is a memory quilt and she really can't use it like a quilt should be used.  From the beginning, Kathy has liked the fabric that I used, so I decided this was her quilt.  Today is Kathy's birthday.  I gave it to her, but took it back as I have to still need to put the binding on and I am putting it in my guild quilt show in June.  What an indian giver, I giveth and I taketh away.  Geez, what kind of friend am I?




Mother's Day was a good day until around 5:00, when I discovered that my washer broke on me.  I am glad that it broke at the end of the wash cycle.  I ended up getting a new front loading washer.  I hope I like it.  I read several reviews and hopefully they aren't true.  I don't like the reviews I read.  Errr!!  I guess I can't believe everything I read.

Back to quilting, that is much more fun.  I have 2 quilt tops to finish before going on vacation:  my fish quilt and last year's mystery quilt.  I am going to put last years mystery next on the frame.  Hopefully I will have a better beginning with that one than I did with the one I just finished. 

Oh, last Thursday I was on the phone with the insurance company discussing my minor fender bender, I got rear-ended again.  Anyways, we had a some sun, we had some rain, then we had some sun again and then we had this.  This was a great way to end a bad day.


I am not sure if you can see the double rainbow, but the second one is to the right of the one you can see.  This rainbow was practically in my back yard.  Wish the pot of gold was there too.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment