Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who woulda thunk?

Certainly not me. I now have 3 quilt tops completed. I am a third of the way done. This is for my granddaughter, Grace. She likes soccer, so of course, I did a soccer quilt. As a matter of fact, all the girls (3) like soccer, so all the girls are getting a soccer quilt, but with different designs. This pattern is called Brick and Mortar.

I cut the majority of the fabric yesterday afternoon and then this morning I sewed it together. It probably took me a total of 6 hours again. What looks like blue fabric in the picture is actually purple. It is strange how a camera can distort a color. I think I will try taking that picture again outside and see if the color is better. My hubby doesn't seem to like it that much. He says he doesn't like purple, well he doesn't have to. The quilt isn't for him. What do you think? Do you like it?

Not much housework is getting done. Oh well, such as life. I would rather be sewing anyways.

I have to start shopping for some thread. I was thinking of doing the first two with a varigated thread of primary colors. I need to find some thread that is variegated with purple, yellow and green for the girls quilts. I don't know if they make such a thing, but I will have to check it out.

I will probably do a panto on the boys quilts and the girls I may just do a freehand all over type design. Again, I haven't decided for sure. What are your thoughts? Do you see a design I should do on the quilts instead of a panto?
.

I guess I will go shop for that thread now.

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment