Saturday, July 31, 2010

Geez Louise

If I didn't have to work, I would have these 12 quilts whipped up in no time. As I mentioned on Wednesday, I got the fussy cutting done and then I cut the frame fabric to frame those. But, like a dummy, I used a different machine to sew those frames on and after I was all done I checked to make sure they were 8" square and of course, they weren't. I didn't check to make sure I was sewing a 1/4" seam. DERRRR!!!. So, I had to take out all the stitching and start over (I will know better next time, I hope).

This morning I went downstairs as soon as hubby went to work and got sewing on the second quilt. WooHoo, quilt top number 2 is done. It took me approximately 6 hours to make the top. I had some issues, so there was more seam ripping taking place. But, I like it, it is cute. This one is for my grandson that will be 2 in February.

I think I am going to start a quilt top for one of the granddaughters now. I have 7 boys, 4 girls and one unknown. Three of the girls quilts will have all the same fabric but different designs. I haven't decided on the patterns yet, but I am doing that as I go. Hopefully I bought enough fabric for all three. I just need to make sure that I keep the size in mind when designing them.

Here is a picture of quilt number 2. See ya soon.

Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment