Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting Started

I started this blog back in 2009 and now it is 2010 and I am still trying to get this blog going. I just can't seem to keep it going, as much as I would like to.

I started quilting in 2000. I would make my quilt tops and send them off to be quilted by a quilter. This got to be expensive and I got to the point where I wanted to do this on my own.
Finally in 2009, I bought my first longarm. I bought a Voyager 17 in April and by April of 2010 I was selling the Voyager and bought an HQ Avante. I just love this machine. I have several quilt tops, approximately 10-12, that need to be quilted but they are on hold right now.

I have a goal to complete by Christmas and hopefully you will follow along with me to see if I reach that goal. Between my husband and I, we have 11 grandchildren and 1 on the way, and my goal is to make each grandchild a quilt by Christmas.

So follow along with me and see if I can accomplish this goal. Before I go any further, I do have 1 quilt top done, 11 more to go.

Until next time.

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment