Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Next quilt on the frame

I had another quilt that needed to be quilted for my friends sister. It was made in the 1930's and it was hand pieced. The pattern is a star so I decided to stitch in the ditch around the blocks and stars and then I used my 3" circle template to make flower designs in the center. This quilt took me approximately 22 hours to quilt from start to finish because I had to repair seams prior to quilting, quilt the quilt, sew some seams as I am quilting, bind it, label it and blind stitch it. It was a great quilt to sew because it gave me practice with the template. It has many fabrics from the 30's, it is also a scrappy quilt. After doing this quilt, I can say that my favorite fabric on this quilt has Mickey Mouse on it.

I hope she enjoys the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment