Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back to sewing

I was able to remove the stitches relatively quickly.  I learned a new way of removing stitches.  A fellow quilter from Machine Quilter's Resource recommend I watch a video from you-tube.  You-tube is a great source for learning new things.  The technique I used is called skinning-the-quilt.   You take the top and pull it away from the batting and snip at the threads from below the top.  The recommendation was to use a razor, the rotary cutter or the tool that is used in the video.  I am not sure what it is called but it looks like a seam ripper but it is flat with a blade like tip.  This process, I found was much quicker than doing it from the top.  Thank you DebbieHQ for sharing that video.

So, I am back to quilting my quilt.  WooHoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment