Saturday, April 9, 2011

Productive day...

Today was a very productive day for me.  It was beautiful outside today, but I was bound and determined to get this quilt done today so that my friend Phyllis can put the binding on for me.  Tomorrow will be a day for working outside.

I was able to finally get the custom quilting done on that quilt from the previous post.  I learned a lot from doing that quilt.  I learned that I definitely need more practice.  I was able to get my feathers to look pretty good.  The egg and darts came out pretty good.  I had to rip out the first set of egg and darts because when I started going down the side borders, I realized they weren't going to fit correctly.  I also had to rip out some of the feathers on the right side because they were going the wrong way and they just didn't look good. 

Here are some pics of the finished 1st custom quilt.





I took a break this morning from working on this quilt and decided to make some pillow cases for my granddaughter. These came out really cute but it took me about 3 1/2 hours to make all three of them. I hope that she'll like them.






Tomorow, I will start another UFO quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment