Sunday, April 17, 2011

What I am doing now..

Yesterday I went to MQX (Machine Quilter's Expo) in Providence, RI.  What a great show and the vendors, as always, are great too.   I bought this new system to load my quilts, no longer using pins, called Leader Grips.  I think I will like it once I make an extension to my zippers.  I hope I like it anyways because it was kind of expensive.  I enjoy pinning the quilts on the frame, but if this will take me less time to get started then it will be well worth the cost.

Today, I loaded my 12 Days of Christmas wall hanging.  The extra canvas on my leaders will have to wait until after June.  We have a quilt show in June, so my focus is getting the quilts done for this show before putting those extra leaders on. 

I am usng Superior Invisible Monopoly thread on this wall hanging.  I haven't used this type of thread before so it should be interesting.  I haven't had any breaks yet, knock on wood.  The backing is looking ok too.  So off to quilting again.  See ya soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I envy your productivity and your trip to MQX. The fall one in Portland will be my first opportunity at a big show. My daughter now lives there and I am going to really enjoy the week for so many reasons.

    Let me know how you like the LeaderGrips.....I have heard so much about them and Red Snappers.

    ReplyDelete