Saturday, August 14, 2010

The answer to the question is.....

It is a hummingbird moth. It likes to drink the nectar from my tall phlox plants. I haven't seen it since last weekend, but I researched it and that is what I found out.

Now, back to my quilting. I have finished quilt top # 5. Yippee!! I am getting ready to sew the backing together for 2 of the girl quilts so that I can load them on the frame and get them quilted. I know, I know, I said I was going to load them last weekend and I didn't. We ended up having unexpected company on Sunday, so that took away my time from sewing. Oh well, I am still making progress though. I still haven't decided what I am going to quilt on them, I think I am just going to do one of my pantos, at least on the first two. We will see from there.


I hope to have all tops completed by the end of September. Then I will have a little more than 2 1/2 months to quilt the tops. When I put it into a time frame of such, I feel that I may not get them done, but I will do my very best to complete them on time. If I am a couple of weeks late, so be it. I probably won't see the grandchildren before Christmas anyways, so that will buy me some time. The pressure is on.

Here is quilt top # 5 (the last of the girls)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you like the Cotton tracks... i am trying to decide if I should get both.. or if one is better than the other.. what do you think?

    maddie

    p.s. cute quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both are great DVD's. He is a talented quilter and a great person to work with. I do think the Thread Fusion is an awesome investment, but being a beginner, I think Cotton Tracks is good too. I have so many dvd's that I like to take from and try to use each of their techniques.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete