Sunday, October 9, 2011

Great visit but I forgot

Today we had our children and grandchildren over for a wonderful visit.  I had to think of something special to do for the grandchildren, so I made 11 halloween pillowcases, filled them with toys and candy.  I thought it would be fun to hide the bags so the kids could try to find them.  I told the kids before searching, that if they found a bag that didn't have their name on it, they had to leave it there for the actual owner to find.  They had a really good time trying to find them.  I knew that Jake and Nate, the oldest grandsons, would find some of the bags first because I didn't really hide them in difficult places, so I hid Jake and Nate's in a more difficult place.  It took them quite a while to find their bags, but they finally did.  I think the kids really enjoyed that hunt and the toys they got.

The only thing that I did not do, shame on me, is take pictures of those pillowcases.  I was having so much fun making, filling and hiding them that I completely forgot about taking pictures of them.  Oh well, next time. 

Now I am off to making yo-yo's.  I am going on a business trip to NJ and VA this week, so I thought I would make some yo-yo's while I am away.  I am still waiting for my yellow thread that is on back order before I can continue working on my mystery quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment