Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jelly roll race

Well, I tried it and they sew up pretty fast.  I have made 2 and I like them.  I take the jelly rolls and put them in a bag, mix up the strips and sew them together.  You don't know how the strips will end up.  It's like sewing a mystery quilt, you just don't know how it is going to turn out.  The first one I made, Happy, I didn't make it right.  I cut the 1st strip in half and sewed the strips together, but put the other half of the first strip in later on.  As you can see, by doing this, the seams are not staggered and doesn't give it an attractive look.  It still looks nice but not as nice as the second one, Gelato.

The first one is a Jelly Roll called Happy by Moda.  This one is really cute, bright and just makes you happy.  I guess that is why it is called Happy.





This second one is a Tonga Treat-Gelato by Timeless Treasures.  I love the pinks and purples in this quilt.  The yellow makes it pop too.  This one reminds me of raspberry ice cream.


.  







No comments:

Post a Comment